Here’s a delicious vegan carrot cake recipe. If you’ve followed my previous recipes, you know that I’m a huge fan of carrot cake recipe that are simple and delicious, and the one I’m about to share with you is no exception to that rule. This is a vegan recipe, as I mentioned, which means that it doesn’t contain any animal products.
Some Vegan’s prefer to ensure that all edible foods are free of animal content. Many will go the great lengths in pursuit of this information. Recently I watched a documentary that highlighted animal products in food products that we would normally imagine is completely animal product free. Things like Jelly Beans and Marshmallows (Gelatin), mustard (eggs), shortbread (shortening) and even some breakfast cereals. This recipe however is 100% free of all animal products hence it’s perfect for Vegan’s.
The ingredients you will need are as follows:
1 cup soy milk
2 cups grated carrots
3 cups flour
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
1/2 teaspoon cloves
Preparation directions for this cake recipe:
1. Make sure that your oven is preheated to 350°F (or will be by the time you’ve prepared everything-about 10 minutes).
2. In a saucepan, mix together the water, raisins, carrots and spices. Bring to a boil then simmer for 8 minutes. Add the salt and sugar then continue to simmer for 2 more minutes. Now mix in the rest of the ingredients.
3. Turn off the stove and continue to stir the mixture gradually as it cools down.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour with the baking soda and the carrot and raisin mixture. Fold these ingredients together.
5. Pour the batter into a lightly greased baking pan and place in the oven uncovered for about 50 minutes. Keep an eye on it after half an hour, as all ovens do vary slightly. When it looks ready, poke the center of the cake with a toothpick and if no batter sticks to the toothpick, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
That’s all it takes to make a delicious vegan carrot cake recipe at home! I bet you thought it would be more difficult, didn’t you? Let me know what you thought of it!